Cyberpunk 2077, since it was released, turns out to be one of the most played and appreciated videogames ever. However, many users report various problems while starting the game. So I decided to write this short guide explaining what to do when cyberpunk 2077 does not start.
If Cyberpunk 2077 does not start and you have just installed the game, before seeing the various procedures to be performed, I recommend that you check the minimum requirements of Cyberpunk and make sure that your computer complies with them.
After making sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to start the game, try to troubleshoot Cyberpunk 2077 startup problems by following the procedures described in the following chapter.
What to do if Cyberpunk 2077 does not start
Cyberpunk 2077 startup problems can depend on various factors. Therefore, to understand the cause of the failure to start and solve the problem, I suggest you go through the procedures that you find in the next paragraphs.
Update your video card drivers
First, I recommend that you update your video card drivers to do this:
- Keyboard press WIN + R;
- In the Run window, type “devmgmt.msc”, then click on the “OK” button or press ENTER;
- Expand the item “Video cards” ;
- Right-click on your video card name;
- From the contextual menu that opens, click on the item “Update driver” ;
- Click on the “Search for drivers automatically” item.
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C ++ packages
If one or more Microsoft Visual C ++ package files are corrupted or missing, many of the games installed on your PC may fail to start. Consequently, I recommend that you uninstall the latter, restart your PC and then reinstall them.
- Press WIN + I to open Windows Settings. Alternatively, click on the Start button and then click on the “Settings” icon , the one in the shape of a gear on the left, in the Start menu;
- Click on “App” ;
- From the left side menu select the item “Apps and features” ;
- Scroll the list on the right and locate the various items “Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable” , then click on each of these and then click on “Uninstall” ;
- Restart your PC ;
- Access this page, download the new packages and install them.
Run a Clean boot of the game
If the procedures seen above don’t work, try starting Cyberpunk 2077 in Clean Boot mode , to do so:
- Press WIN + R;
- In the Run window, type “msconfig” , then click on the “OK” button or press ENTER;
- Select the “Services” tab ;
- Put the check mark next to “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Click on the “Disable all” button and then click on the “Apply” button ;
- Open the “Startup” tab ;
- Click on the item “Open Task Manager “;
- Select each single item and click on the “Disable” button ;
- Reboot the PC;
- Start the game