Since 2020, Facebook for Android decided to implement dark mode within its platform. This design was created for users to enjoy a more rested view, allowing more user time and improved battery life. In the long run, the battery performs better in relation to its useful life.
The use of this mode started in the first three months of 2020. It made its first appearance on the web version of the social network. Currently, this mode is already being used on Android and iOS mobiles in different applications.
In the beginning, it was only available as a beta version. Only some users could enjoy this feature. But, currently, it has already been incorporated natively in the application. Activating Facebook dark mode on Android is simple.
Facebook dark mode
The dark mode in the different applications has become very popular lately. Facebook has been implementing it in the Messenger app for a long time. This mode makes the interface more manageable for users since it adapts to their tastes and vision.
How to activate the Facebook dark mode for Android?
- The first step is to open the “Facebook” application.
- Next, go to the main menu, and select the three horizontal stripes. This is in the upper right.
- In the new window that appears, go to the Settings and privacy option and select it.
- A new menu will be displayed where you will find the Dark Mode.
- Press and the screen will display the three options. The first is to enable this feature, the second to disable it, and the third to have the app use the device theme by default.
If users want to activate this mode in the instant messaging platform, they must do so from the Messenger app. Within the main interface, you need to tap on the profile image (at the top). A screen with all the settings will be displayed. Just below the user’s name, the Dark Mode option appears. Flip the switch to change the theme of the app.
Method # 2
Another option from Android can be to activate the dark mode in the Settings. Enter the Screen section, select Advanced options and then click on Device Themes. Choose auto dark theme or dark mode. This will cause the application interface to change. (Notice: it doesn’t always work on all devices)
This option is ideal for when night falls, and you want to continue browsing from your device. The light will be less disturbing to your eyes. It is important to note that you only have to follow the same steps in the same order if you want to deactivate the mode.
Method # 3
This last method is the most radical of all and consists of forcing the dark mode for all the apps on your Android terminal 10 or higher. The trick is to invert the colors on the screen while respecting the colors of the images and videos.
This is an option that is available within the “developer options” in the Android settings. This is a menu that usually comes hidden. To show it,
- Go to « Settings.
- Select phone information or About Phone.
- Tap the Build Number option 5 times.
This way, the Developer Options will be enabled.
- Now go back to settings and scroll down to the last option. You will see Developer Options just below the About Phone option.
- Scroll down and select the Force Dark Mode option. You can use the search bar to look for it if you experience difficulties finding the option.
- After activating it, you can close and open the Facebook app on your Android device. You will now have Facebook dark mode enabled.
In some mobiles, such as the Samsung Galaxy, you can find this same option but under a different name such as “Overlay dark mode,” “Override dark mode,” or similar. Watch the video below for a detailed guide of this procedure: