When it comes to interacting with someone, generations have gone through different phases from “don’t call at such time my parents will be there” to “Do you have Messenger?” and now we are in “Can you give me your WhatsApp number?”. All this can disappear thanks to the QR code. We explain it to you.
Adding a new contact can be somewhat tedious because, at the end of the day, you will interact with them through WhatsApp. Using the QR reader method that we explain below, you don’t have to give your phone number, either in writing or speaking, adding it to the agenda, and then looking for it in WhatsApp and opening chat.
In the following ways, you scan the QR code and fly! You will have the new contact on WhatsApp available to chat with. To achieve this, you have to follow these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Now, select “Settings,” and then look at the upper right corner again.
- Here you will see an icon in the form of a QR code. Press it.
- You will have your QR code so that another person can add us and in the “Scan code” section. You can scan another person’s QR code.
- When you scan the code, the contact and the “Add” option appear at the bottom. In this way, you will both be added as contacts quickly and directly.
If you want to reset the code or share it without a number, you must do a few more steps. If you select the share icon, a menu opens with all the options and recent contacts with whom you chat.
From there, you have to indicate the app and the person to whom you want to send your QR, but it will go without a phone number. What is this for? Well, so that person does not have access to your phone number. If you reset the QR code, that contact will never have written down your number and the QR code sent will not work because you have re-established it.