Amazon is the largest e-commerce in the world where you can find any product. It offers an impeccable pre and post-sales service, with customer assistance always available and ready to help you. However, even a giant like Amazon, from time to time, shows some small flaws. In fact, once registered on the site, it is really complicated and quite cumbersome to delete an Amazon account.
Precisely for the reason indicated in the previous paragraph, I decided to write this article, explaining how to delete an Amazon account, showing you step by step all the steps you need to take.
Before proceeding, however, it is essential to make a very important premise. By deleting your Amazon account, all your digital purchases, such as games, software, eBooks, Music, and other content, will be permanently deleted. The same goes for Amazon vouchers, sales, and gift cards. So before deleting your account, I advise you to evaluate your choice carefully.
Delete an Amazon Account
If you are subscribed to Amazon Prime and want to unsubscribe from the service, it is not necessary to cancel the Amazon account. In fact, with a few clicks, you can remove the subscription from Prime without any problem. To do it:
- Log in to Amazon;
- Enter your username and password to access your account;
- Click on the item “Accounts and lists” at the top right;
- Do click on “Prime” ;
- Click on the item “Update, delete and more” ;
- Click on the “End Subscription” button.
With this procedure, the subscription to Amazon Prime will be immediately canceled, and you can continue to use Amazon safely without having to delete the account.
Delete Amazon E-commerce Account
Amazon does not make deleting an account as easy as deleting a Facebook or Twitter account. In fact, most e-commerce platforms don’t want users to close their accounts, so they try to make the process a little more cumbersome. It is impossible to delete an Amazon account directly from the settings, but you will first have to go through customer support. Here’s how to do it:
- Access the Amazon contact section ;
- Click on the “Prime and more” button ;
- From the drop-down menu under the heading “Tell us more about your problem,” select the heading “Update or modify account information” ;
- From the drop-down menu that opens below, select the item “Other account updates” ;
- At this point, a third drop-down menu will appear. You will have to select the item “Problems with closing my account and deleting my data” ;
Now you have three choices: by clicking on the “E-mail” button, you can send an email to the assistance and request the closure of the account. By clicking on the “Telephone” button, you can make your request by phone. By clicking on the “Chat” button (choice which advice), you can request the closure of the account to an operator via chat. In the latter case, once the chat has started, write “I ask for account closure.” The operator will ask you to confirm your choice, and in a few seconds, your Amazon account will be deleted.