There are several ways to install Windows 11. If in your case, you want to do it from scratch, there is also a way to do it.
We will use the ISO that Microsoft has published or create a bootable USB pendrive to install it as a totally new operating system, that is, without depending on updating a previous version.
It is not complicated at all, as you will be able to see, so let’s get going.
Requirements to install Windows 11
Before installing it, we must be sure that your computer will run this new operating system or that it is within the parameters set to install.
At first, your device must comply with everything that we are going to give you below:
- Have TPM 2.0.
- At least 4 GB of RAM.
- A screen that has a minimum resolution of 720p.
- 64 GB of internal storage.
- A graphics card that can use DirectX 12.
- An Intel or AMD CPU that is compatible. In this case, most of the seventh generation or older Intel processors are left out. By AMD, it does not work in the first generation Ryzen.
As we will use the ISO image of the operating system, you only have to meet one of those requirements. That is, if your computer does not have or is not compatible with TPM 2.0, you will not be able to install Windows 11.
The rest of the specifications have to be recommendations for the system to run smoothly. They do not affect the installation. They will warn you that your computer is not compatible, nothing more in the process. From there, it is you who decides whether to install it or not.
Where do we go to download Windows 11?
So that you can download and install Windows 11 from scratch, you need, as we have said before, an ISO image of the operating system or create a bootable USB or DVD.
For this, the first thing you must know is where you can achieve these two actions.
Well, Microsoft has created a website where you can perform these two tasks easily.
You have to enter that page and see what it says:
- Windows 11 installation wizard: this option is not valid for us since a wizard that updates to Windows 11 but from Windows 10 already installed will be created.
- Create Windows 11 installation media: this is where you can create a bootable USB or DVD to install the new operating system from scratch.
- Download Windows 11 Disc Image (ISO): This is where you are going to download an ISO image to burn to a USB flash drive, a DVD, or to create a virtual image.
If you choose to download an ISO image, that is, the third option that we have at our disposal, we must click on the blue button that says Download, just below where it is written Download Windows 11 disk image (ISO).
At that time, you are going to obtain a file called Win11_Spanish_x64.iso that occupies about 5.52 GB, which you can use to burn a double-layer DVD as a means to have Windows 11 physically, create a bootable pendrive to have Windows on a more modern system, and even be able to create a virtual machine if you need it.
Whichever option you choose, the truth is that this way, you will have the Windows 11 image to install on the computer you want.
Create a bootable USB or DVD
You can directly make a bootable DVD, although we believe that this option today is somewhat outdated and what everyone is going to use is a bootable USB drive.
Although it looks similar, it is not the same as we have seen in the previous case. Before, what we had was a perfect image of what the entire Windows 11 installation system is, but now what we have is a system to boot from BIOS and thus install it.
- For that, you must choose the second option on the web, specifically the one that says Create Windows 11 installation support.
- This will download a file called MediaCreationToolW11.exe, which you must execute.
- Click Accept to agree with the license.
- Then, in Select language and edition, click on Next since these parameters are absorbed from the equipment. If you want another language, you should uncheck Use the recommended options for this equipment.
- At that moment, the option to create a USB flash drive appears to install Windows 11. Remember that the drive must be more than 8 GB for it to work.
- Here it also allows you to burn the ISO file to a DVD if you want
These are the two ways we have to officially install Windows 11 from scratch. Both are very simple in everything on how to use and install them.