If you are concerned about security and privacy, we will explain how to know which apps on your mobile have access to the camera and microphone. We are also going to tell you how to remove those permissions, although some are unavoidable.
It does not matter if you have an Android or an iPhone in your hands, we are going to teach you in a simple way to identify, and eliminate, the permissions that you have granted to some apps and games.
In less than 3 taps, you will have seen which apps may be spying on you, but there is a small print … Some of these permissions are required for the proper functioning of the application or the game.
So you can see your Android apps with access to the camera and microphone
We are going to show the process through a Huawei Nova 5T, in fact, it is quite similar on all Android phones:
- Enter Settings and then Privacy.
- Then look for Permission Manager or something similar.
- Now locate the Camera and also Microphone.
- Enter each of the options individually and check the number of applications with access to your mobile’s camera and microphone.
- Click on an application and decide if you keep the permission or deny it.
Remember that if, for example, you remove the camera permission from Instagram, when you go to record Stories, it will not let you access until you return the camera permission.
These are the apps with access to your camera and microphone on your iPhone
In iPhone, the story changes a lot, since you have two LED indicators, one orange and the other green, which tell you at all times if the app you are using is having access to your microphone or camera.
In fact, there is an app on Android to fake what is already standard in iOS 14. The app is called Access Dots and it is very easy to use.
To find out which applications installed on your iPhone have permission to access your camera or microphone, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to Privacy.
- There you will see a list of all the permissions that are within the Privacy section.
- Click on Microphone or Camera and you will see the applications and games that have access to them.
- If they are green, they have access, you can deactivate the permission with just one touch.
Remember that when you deactivate that permission, for example, the microphone for WhatsApp, when you go to send an audio in the messaging app, it will ask you to activate the permission or you will not be able to send audio messages.