In case you haven’t noticed, since the Xbox One started using versions of Windows 10, it allows us to activate the ‘developer mode’ option, which is useful to activate certain functions that are not normally available.
In fact, the developer mode on Xbox guarantees you access to the first versions of some video games or applications and allows us to download extra apps for your console.
If you have an Xbox that is part of the ‘Preview’ members, you will not be able to activate the developer mode so easily. To do this, you must use the Xbox Preview Interface app to disable the preview program.
However, you must be very careful, since by doing this, the console will be completely reset and will remain with its factory version. In other words, all the custom settings and Xbox One games that you had installed will be erased.
Finally, we remind you that the developer mode is used almost exclusively by users trained to develop video games and apps for Xbox One.
Steps to activate developer mode on your Xbox One
Next, we will show you all the steps you must complete to activate the developer mode on your Xbox One quickly and easily. We anticipate that the process is long, so you must read carefully so as not to skip any steps since otherwise you will not be able to activate the developer mode, and you may have certain drawbacks.
- To get started, go to your Xbox One console and open the Xbox One Store.
- Next, you have to look for an application called ‘Dev Mode Activation’ and then select the option ‘Download.’
- To continue, you have to go to the ‘My games and applications’ section. Here you will see that a menu appears on the left side of the screen. You must select the option that says ‘Applications.’
- Then select the icon or thumbnail of the ‘Dev mode activation’ app to run it.
- Then you will see that it shows you a code which you will have to use later.
- Now you must turn on the computer, open Google Chrome, and enter the official Microsoft page, specifically in the section to enter the code, which we will explain below.
- To complete the next step, you must log in to the Microsoft Development Center. Here, you require a developer account.
- In case you don’t know, these individual developer accounts have a cost of almost $ 20. Corporate accounts are much more expensive since their price is around $ 100.
- After logging in with the developer account, you have to enter the code shown by the console when opening the ‘Dev mode activation’ app. Wait for a confirmation of the activation.
- Then, upon successful account activation, you must install the necessary programs to switch the preview to developer mode. In this case, we recommend that you be patient since the process can take more than two hours. This is because the necessary software is very heavy.
- To finish, you have to restart the Xbox One with the ‘Switch and restart’ button. This is how to activate the developer mode on your Xbox One console. It may take a few hours. The advantage is that you follow all the steps correctly, you will not have any problem.
As you could see, there are many steps you must follow. Unfortunately, this is the only way that exists to activate the developer mode on the Xbox One.