Spotify is one of the most used streaming music platforms in the world. Its extensive catalog and the possibility of listening to music for free are part of its success. You can listen to your favorite music on a wide variety of devices, including Google’s Chromecast. We’ll tell you how.
Play your favorite songs on your TV with Google Chromecast
One of the most recommended solutions to convert your television into a Smart TV is Chromecast. Thanks to these, you can send content to your television, and in the latest versions of these, you can run the applications of streaming platforms. This is because the new models come with Google TV.
Watching Spotify content on the big screen is always an incentive, especially if it is about music videos or filmed podcasts, so sending them to Chromecast is the best solution. Your TV should be on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
Steps to follow:
- First, select the song you want to send. You can use your libraries, Spotify’s recommendations, or search for content with the search tool.
- Once you are clear about what you want to play, click on the “connect to a device” icon in the lower right part of the window next to the volume adjustment.
- When doing so, you will see a window with all the connected devices that are compatible with the sending. These appear in the list with the Google cast icon.
- Select the device from the list. This way, you connect both devices, and Chromecast is ready to receive the content you have selected.
- If you haven’t hit play yet, now is the time.
- Although depending on the Android version of your device, you will or will not have control over the volume from your phone. If you have a version earlier than Android 12, you can do it from the mobile phone itself, while if you already have this version or higher, you will have to use the TV remote control to adjust the volume.
You may encounter some problems and have challenges playing music on your TV. This may be because it is not connected to the internet or because you don’t have the latest version of Spotify installed on your devices.
Solving the problem is easy. You just have to check the connections to both the Internet and the Wi-Fi of both devices, install pending updates, and restart the devices. If you don’t find your Chromecast in the list of devices, it may also be because Google better recognizes the services within its ecosystem, so it is advisable to log in to Spotify from your web browser and send content from here.