Airbnb is the true giant of the sharing economy phenomenon, with thousands of accommodations around the planet that have revolutionized the way tourism is conceived. However, it is not the only platform of its kind that you can turn to. Do you want to know some of the best alternatives?
More and more users opt to stay in or in some accommodation of the famous Airbnb platform, which has all kinds of options to stay, from shared rooms and cheap spaces to luxurious rural houses or dream penthouses. The company is currently present in more than 65,000 cities in 191 countries, its value exceeds $ 30,000 million, and its trio of partners amass a fortune of around $ 11,000.
Alternative hosting apps to Airbnb
- HomeAway: It is Airbnb’s main competitor worldwide and was created in 2005, conceived for vacation rentals. The main difference is that it rents entire houses and helps homeowners earn income from their second homes. It has a presence in 190 different countries and has two million ads in 23 different languages. Its competitive prices and spectacular locations make this platform a weighty option. You will find from private islands to tree houses or private mansions.
- Wimdu: Under the motto “your holiday apartment, cheaper,” this accommodation platform born in Germany has also landed in other European countries, has more than 350,000 apartments and holiday homes and can boast of 10 million reserved nights, constituting the apartment portal Europe’s largest vacation rental.
You can save up to 70% on accommodation, according to its creators. At the end of last year, it merged with its rival 9Flats. “The alternative to a hotel with six million houses in the world.” At the end of 2016, and shortly after, it was absorbed by Wyndham Worldwide.
- Flipkey: The well-known TripAdvisor owns this company. It covers around 11,000 cities in 179 different countries. They are characterized by providing complete information about the apartments, verified by their managers. It has 5 million unique monthly visitors.
- Homestay: This platform is great for integrating into the local culture, as it connects travelers with hosts in more than 160 countries. With it, you have the opportunity to experience the reality of the place you are visiting and
- Kindandcoe: This platform was born to focus on families traveling with young children and has more than 1,000 properties distributed in more than 50 different locations worldwide.
- Housetrip: Also owned by TripAdvisor, this is a vacation rental platform that allows hosts to rent their properties to guests. Its website defines it as the ideal alternative to staying in a hotel. This implies authenticity, privacy, excellent value for money, and flexibility. There are also advantages such as more space, extra rooms, kitchen, WiFi, or laundry, without additional charges.