Android emulators like Bluestacks are the best alternatives for using applications intended only for the exclusive use of Android. You will enjoy them as if you are using a regular phone. In reality, it is not like that, because everything is done from our PC.
This method is widely used by people who do not have enough money to buy a cell phone but have a computer at home. It also comes in handy when you lose your phone. Just like a regular smartphone, you have to update your apps on these emulators. In this article, we will show you how to do it on Bluestacks.
How to update my mobile applications on BlueStacks
BlueStacks is a famous emulator whose function is to imitate the presence of the Android operating system in the eyes of the servers. This enables access to applications for exclusive and/or extensive use on Android. For this, we turn to two aspects that will serve as a guide.
From the Google Play Store
Once you have downloaded the emulator on your computer and installed it normally, and in addition to this you have internet access, you have to follow the following steps:
- The first thing you should do once you are on your screen’s desktop is to go to the BlueStacks emulator application and press twice on it to open it, as you normally do.
- After this, you must open the program and then go to the central applications panel. Look for the Play store icon, press, and open it.
- When you are in the store, you must go to the search bar and look for the specific application, or you can press on the menu, which is in the upper right, where you must select “my app and games.“
- The next thing you will see on your screen will be a list of all the applications installed in your emulator. You just have to select each one by pressing the green “update” button.
- The download update will begin completely automatically the same way its installation will.
From the Android emulator for PC
Remember that the relationship between the emulator and the Android device will be through the Google Play Store account. Therefore, the actions carried out from one will affect the other. If you want to make an update from the emulator, remember that you can go to the list of applications that have been downloaded in the section of the store “My Applications and Games.”
However, not all applications will work with the emulator, but the vast majority will do so. To proceed with it, open the emulator on the home screen. Use its imitation interface to carry out the common download and update process as if it were any device. However, there may be problems with this, so let’s see how to solve it.
Problems with updates from BlueStacks: Solution
If you have problems using your Play Store, don’t worry, you can update the installed applications with APK without Google Play and do it from outside it with the use of APK, which is basically done manually. Follow the next steps:
- Once it is in your emulator, you must go to the browser of your choice. This can be Chrome, Opera, or Firefox, although there is a great variety of them. Click on this.
- When the browser is open, go to the search bar and write in it the name of the application plus the word APK, for example, “Facebook APK.” You must press on search.
- You will see a series of options. Choose the first one, which is from the Uptodown store.
- When you are on this page, look for the “latest version” button. Click on it and wait for it to load.
- Ready the button will change from blue to light green, with the word download. You just have to press on it and ready the download will start immediately.
- You may be asked to activate the unknown origins option to which you will give permission.
- All you have to do is click on the file once it has been downloaded. You also have to click on the word install in the lower right part of the window.
- After this, wait for the installation process to finish.
Of course, once you download an application, by using an APK, you will not be able to update it from the Play Store, so you will have to use the same method of downloading APK from the browser whenever you need to update it.
Another valid option is using other alternative Android stores, which you can download from your browser, just as all APKs are downloaded.