Prepare your meals in minutes! An air fryer has become one of the most sought after appliances today. It is ideal for all kinds of snacks or meals practical and healthy way. In this article, we tell you everything you need to know to choose the best air fryer for your home.
What is an air fryer?
It is an appliance that allows you to cook or fry food without the need to submerge it in oil. This cooking process is achieved through a hot air circulation system that achieves that golden and crispy result similar to that of the foods cooked in oil.
How does an air fryer work?
Oil-free fryers have a similar operation to ovens that use hot air to cook food. The difference is that these fryers maintain a constant and homogeneous circulation of heat thanks to a system of fans that they have inside.
How to use an air fryer
Although cooking in an oil-free fryer is easy, here are some tips to get that crunchy result in your preparations:
- Use the right cooking temperature for each food.
- Mix or spray the ingredients with a minimal amount of oil.
- Drain the ingredients before placing them in the deep fryer.
- Avoid exceeding the capacity of the basket for air to circulate.
Choosing the best air fryer?
Due to the high demand for oil-free fryers, there are currently a wide variety of models on the market, so here are 6 aspects that you should consider before choosing an oil-free fryer for your home:
- Power: Cooking in an air fryer takes longer than in a pan, so it is important that you consider its power. If it is longer, the cooking time will be shorter. You can find equipment from 1000 w to 1800 w. The Philips Air Fryer is one of the best options when it comes to power consumption.
- Capacity: There are air fryers with capacities between 1 and 6 liters, depending on the model, you must bear in mind that 1 L yields to prepare two servings and 6 L for six or seven servings.
- Size: You should consider how much space you have available to store your appliance. Remember that the higher the capacity, the bigger the air fryer will be.
- Cooking functions: It is always good to consider if it has some extra functions, remember that some models of air fryers can also bake, roast, grill, or cook your food.
- Temperature regulator: It is very important to cook food at different temperatures, so remember to ask the seller or check that in the specifications that the air fryer has a temperature regulator. In this case, the Phillips Air Fryer brand is the best option.
- Timer: This function is very useful for people who do many activities at the same time, so if you need a reminder to notify you when your food is ready, you can not miss a timer on your oil-free fryer.
What are the advantages of an air fryer?
Very apart from the practicality of its use, air fryers provide several benefits or advantages when cooking and here we mention some of them:
- Healthy cooking: as they do not use oil for frying, the food we prepare in an air fryer will have fewer calories than if we cook them in a pan with oil.
- Energy efficiency: Cooking in an air fryer is similar to cooking in an oven and if we compare the energy expenditure between one and the other, the first one consumes much less.
- Easy cleaning: Definitely cleaning an air fryer is much simpler than a pan or pot with fat and oil stuck to its walls. In addition, this appliance does not generate odors, so wiping it with a damp cloth with a little soap will be enough.
- Practical use: You do not have to watch the fryer to prevent your food from burning, most have a timer and you can leave them running while you do other activities.
- Safety: Unlike cooking in a pot or pan, having a closed structure, and not using oil, with air fryers, there are no risks of getting burned by splashing boiling water or oil.
What foods can be cooked in an air fryer?
Surely the first thing we put our oil-free fryer to the test will be crispy fries, but it is not the only thing you can prepare in this practical appliance. The breaded meat, chicken, or fish come out just right after a few minutes of cooking under the hot air currents.
You can also prepare delicious desserts such as rolls, bagels, or donuts in the air fryer and the most important thing is that you will make them easily and in a short time. You only need the ingredients and you really want to unleash your passion for cooking.